Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First ride on the Nimble9

On Sunday I dropped off the frame and fork to have the headset pressed in and have the Reba adjusted to 120mm.

Monday night I built it up on Mark's living room rug using a free (used) blackbox ceramic bearing GXP bottom bracket.  Hopefully this one will last longer than the 4 that I've destroyed over the past 1.5 years.

Last night I got a quick ride in at Bent Creek (really wanted Laurel/Pilot but the weather looked horrendous).  This bike hauls ass!  I don't even have it dialed in yet, but it is so eager to take on any turn, berm, jump, or rocky section.  The rear end has a touch more compliance than the ti frame, although I might be feeling a touch more chatter from the shorter wheelbase when going over long root balls.  One ride is not really enough to make that call though.  I am not kidding when I say that the nimble 9 is already the best mountain bike I've owned.  I now have a new standard as to how a bike should feel on the trail.  On one steeper section the front did try to wander a bit while climbing, but moving my hands to the bar ends and shifting my weight around almost immediately made the feeling go away.

Today it rains... Thursday through Sunday look promising, but sweet baby Jesus it is going to be 88 on Saturday? 

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Mills+River+NC+28759:4:US

Looks like I'll have to get out early...

No comments:

Post a Comment