Sunday, November 30, 2014

FAIL

Saturday I was feeling like I was fighting a cold and I couldn't rouse myself to go ride until after 11.  For some reason I thought I would still be able to pull off an epic ride even though it would be dark by 5:30?  From the house I rode up to the foothills and then took the trails south.  Copper to Tramway to Route 66 out to Tijeras.  The original plan was to ride 337>542 (gravel)>252 (gravel)>242 (gravel)>217>337 and then Otero>Tunnel on the way out.  By the time I was climbing up 337 I was at the two hour mark and not feeling such a big ride anyways. 

Instead I rode Tunnel>Otero and then took the unnamed trail from Tunnel back to the Coyote trail head. 


 Snowy singletrack

 It was 60 degrees and I was in shorts

Headed back to town on Route 66 I must have ran over a piece of glass because my rear tire sustained a cut in the center of the tread block and immediately went flat.


I tried a 2 oz bottle of Stan's and no amount of profanity and furious jerking with my hand pump would get it to seal up.  I finally gave up and put a tube in only to find out the tube had a hole in it from being mounted to my seat post for so long.  I'm about 20 miles from home via my original route.



 I blame this on the damn deer that throw their little Coronita bottles out the window and graffiti our roadways with images of their nude models.

Still, it was a beautiful day while I waited for my ride to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment