Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cloudcroft to Placitas

After what seemed like a lot of back and forth communication I figured out a way to make last weekend happen.  I helped Matt move on Saturday and gave my legs a good workout going up and down the stairs with furniture.  Saturday evening, amidst 50+ mph gusts, Wilder, Lorin, and I headed down to Cloudcroft so he could race and we could volunteer.  After downing some waffles from the hotel Sunday morning we headed up the mountain to Cloudcroft.  The weather was no where near the forecasted high and stayed in the upper 30's most of the day.  I went out for a course sweep with a guy named Dave, and even though we tried to go slow and stopped often, there was still a bunch of people on the course behind us.  Bill and I went out for a second lap and I got to stretch the legs a little during the big gravel road climb.  I just laid into it and my body said let's go.  It's nice when that happens.  I had a decent lap time but 34/20 might have been too much gear if I had actually been racing.

Monday I rode to work and the legs felt pretty good on the way home.

Tuesday night I met up with Mark C and we busted out a nice loop in Placitas.  Keeping up with Mark on his new Scapel is near impossible but it's always fun to give chase anyways.


Big death march in Tijeras planned for Saturday, 10K race on Sunday, and my first ever fork rebuild when my Reba rebuild kit shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment