Sunday, August 10, 2014

Broken Frame

Well, I broke the Canfield:


It happened about two weeks ago during an evening Foothills ride with Mark, Mike, Bill, and Tim. I was pedaling out of the saddle on a climb and heard a sort of loud pop. I stopped, thinking I had sheared a chainring bolt or broken the chain. I scanned over the bike and didn't see anything wrong so I hopped back on and pedaled another 10 feet or so. I could still hear/feel it. I stopped again and started looking over the frame. That's when I noticed the frame! Holy Shit! Walked the couple of miles back to the car and finished the evening with beer/chips/burger.

I wasn't too keen on the new N9 frame that was over a pound heavier and would require a new rear axle setup, headset, and seat post collar? So I ordered a Kona Unit frameset and am riding the Vassago until it shows up.

Broke the frame on 7/29. Rode around the mountain + placitas trails + ski area trails + south and north foothills totaling 97 miles and about 9400 ft of climbing last Sunday. Rode to work on Wednesday. South foothills ride with Tim last Thursday. Rode about 34 miles today in the foothills starting from the house. I was going to add in North Foothills too but I felt too tired. Only got in about 65 miles for the week. Meh.

I'm on the verge of getting burned out and my legs feel dead. I think I need to take a week off the bike and go climbing or running.

I'm going to skip the watermelon beatdown race and just chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment